2008 Bucs' Schedule: PNG

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Cuts

Well, I finally had time to sit down and think about the cuts the Bucs made to get down to the 53 man roster. Some of them made no sense to me. But what do I know. I figured Shepherd would probably get whacked because he simply seemed unable to cleanly catch the ball on a routine basis. I didn't think Gruden would want to have games slip away because of that this season. Gessner ended up not doing anything during the games, which is why he got cut. But what surprised me was when the Bucs kept 7 receivers, including Warren and Jones. I didn't think Warren was worth keeping, and Jones is one dimensional.

The other cuts that surprised me were Bradley and Bryant. Those cuts left us thin at DT. While the two didn't exactly shine, they were serviceable and made plays. Now if Hovan or McFarland go down, we have to rely on Wyms to fill the void, or moving White or Spires inside.

The rest of the cuts weren't surprising. The final roster is now set, and the Bucs prepare for the Ravens next Sunday. Can't wait to go to Ray Jay at 1:00pm and fry my a** off! Hopefully, the Bucs will give us the win. I expect the Ravens to really have a big problem with the heat, but we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home