2008 Bucs' Schedule: PNG

Monday, November 06, 2006

Bucs Lose 14-31

Well, that wasn't pretty. I think I'll save a lot of my comments for my mid-season review that I'll have up late in the week. I've got the kid by myself with the wife out of town, so my time is a little limited.

Needless to say, however, that the safeties should be taken to the woodshed and beaten to a pulp. Then Cox needs to have his hands dipped in tar so he can actually start to catch some of those picks that hit him in the chest. And could somebody please smack Gradkowski upside the head for me? I mean really...what good is it to have a coach with outstanding plays, call a perfect 4th down play that gets Clayton so wide open that he could have dashed 30 yards for a TD and probably not get touched, only to see your QB decide to throw the ball, with a little juice, over Clayton's head by about 3 feet. *SMACK!!* Ahhh....I feel a little better now.

This year is going down the John C. Crapper faster than a NHRA hotrod going down the quarter mile strip. Bruce's numbers keep getting worse. What's maddening is that the same QB that failed to simply loft that 4th down pass, is the same one that nailed a long pass to Galloway, between two defenders, in the perfect spot for a TD. UGH! Well, it looks like we are going to have to fight hard to fend off the Raiders and Browns for that number 1 draft pick. We can do it!!

More to come...later in the week.

1 Comments:

At November 13, 2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Offense balance - this has been one of Gruden's problems since he was back at Oakland - he can't run a solid running game. Sure, he revitalized the three-step drop and made Jeff George a QB again in Oakland, but where was the running game?

I've been watching these TB games while playing my new live-time play-prediction game on my cell phone, and Gruden makes me want to throw my phone at the wall.

Speaking of throwing, anyone know what Simms is doing these days?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home