2008 Bucs' Schedule: PNG

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Signings And Stuff...

Well, yesterday two more draft picks signed, Peterson and Hayward. That leaves 6 more picks to go. With just over a week to go, Bruce will have to start working overtime to get the remaining deals done.

In other news, I have the refrigerator schedule done. Now I need to get it hosted, and I will likely use my old Road Runner page to do it, much like last year's version. I'm planning to do that tomorrow, as it requires some hand coding to add the link to this site, and I have to do some things to load it onto the old site. Look for it tomorrow, or Saturday at the latest.

I'm also looking at trying to find some time this weekend to futz with the site layout. I would like to get this site converted to the new templates, but I don't want to nuke the basic look and feel of the current site, so I need to be careful. I'll post on the progress, or you'll see crap splattered all over your screen when you try to view this site. One way or another, it must go forth. Till then...

3 Comments:

At July 19, 2007 8:21 AM, Blogger Ski said...

maybe you can help me with this but how do you create the background/wall paper for your site? you've done a really good job designing your site and i especially like the background. thanks in advance for any help you can offer

 
At July 19, 2007 4:00 PM, Blogger Richard P said...

Ski,

The first thing I did was take the graphics I wanted to use on this site and place them in a post. Then upload to blogger. Once they are uploaded, they have a specific address to them, and you can then reference this by pulling up the source code of the page, and looking to see the address where the picture was placed at. Once you have the url, copy and paste it in to the body{} CSS style section, to look like this:
body {
background: url('http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1909/3126/1600/backing.jpg') fixed;
}

There's other code in that division description, but the key is the background key item. That url will be unique to the picture that you upload in a post.

You can, alternatively, find a hosting site for the graphic, and use that URL, but it's easier just to store it all on blogger.

Hope that helps.

 
At July 21, 2007 5:50 PM, Blogger Ski said...

gracias

 

Post a Comment

<< Home