2008 Bucs' Schedule: PNG

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

On A Football Note...

Time to write about the actual players. I've been keeping tabs on what Pewter Report's reporters, and some credible other sources, are saying about the various players and how the sides are looking. My general overall impression is that Garcia IS going to make a difference for this offense. I believe we'll see Williams running behind a more potent offensive line with a highly credible passing attack backing defenders off. I think the combination of strong running and passing attacks will allow the Bucs to really force defenses to either take huge risks focusing on one aspect or to back off and play a safer defensive concept to try and minimize the potential damage and just slow the Bucs down. Teams like Indy will obviously take the latter approach. The teams with aggressive defenses will either sink or swim against this offense.

Defensively, I think this unit will clearly place in the top 10, even without Rice and Quarles. I also think Sabby will split a lot of playing time with Phillips and he will eventually supplant Phillips as the starter. I think the Bucs will have the best linebacking corps, top to bottom, in this league, BAR NONE! I also think picks will be up quite a bit this year. Sacks are still a little harder to gauge, but the Preseason will help give us some idea.

Overall, I think the Bucs have a lot of potential. We'll see shortly if they will come out and play up to that potential, or if they'll flop around and fail to win as many games as they could. Just a week from Friday will give us our first glimpse. It will be an interesting game to say the least.

On another note, I'll be heading up to Orlando on Saturday to catch the morning session followed by the Pewter Report get together. I have a much better camera than what I have taken to prior TC sessions, and will also bring my mini-DV camera along as well to get some video that I will post. So be ready for all the good photos and at lest a few minutes of practice video (hopefully, as the still camera will take precedence). It may take a few days for me to report on TC and get the pics and vids posted, but it will be coming. The site redesign, however, isn't getting anywhere yet because of a lack of time. Just so many hours in the day. But I am hoping to get it done before the season starts. Fun, eh!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home