2008 Bucs' Schedule: PNG

Friday, October 06, 2006

The Talking Plank - Week 5

Unfortunately, it appears I won't be able to post much, as you can tell, during the two weeks I'm gone. The first week is, however, coming to an end, so I plan to get back to fully updating starting next weekend. As such, this Talking Plank is going to be short and sweet, and to the point. This week the Bucs travel to the Superdome to face the Saints after having this past week off. The Saints lost to the Panthers last weekend, and showed that they were vulnerable to long runs. So will the Bucs be able to beat the Saints this week?

On Offense, the Bucs will be without Chris Simms and Kenyatta Walker. So Gradkowski and Trueblood will start, and that will force the Bucs to lean heavily on the running game. If Davin Joseph plays as well, the Bucs may finally find the power up front to get the running game started. If that happens, and I think it will, that will take a lot of pressure off the rookie QB and make things much easier. In this game I expect the Bucs to run the ball well, and move the ball effectively. I also expect Bruce to be able to make some key plays and help this team score. If he can stay away from the bad turnovers, or limit it to just one, then the offense should be able to put up some points this week.

On Defense, the Bucs should be coming out with a fire under their rears, and I expect to see a much improved defense. Last time they played better position ball, and were in position all game long, but kept missing tackles. I think the two weeks of returning to fundamentals will get them back on track. Against Brees, McAllister, Bush, Horn, and Co., it will be tough, but the defense should be able to slow the Saints down some, and look better than they have. It's a tough task to come back and try to regain lost pride, but I think they will do it. Look for the Saints to have trouble consistently driving the ball. They have some drives of length and score, but it won't be common.

On Special Teams, it's pretty much a wash, but I wouldn't bet on Bryant for field goals until I see him get consistent again. The return game will be big for both teams, as I think field position will be very important in this game. I don't however, expect any huge plays out of either unit, that will turn the game.

In the end, after two weeks to prepare, despite having the rookie at the helm, I think the Bucs are going to come back out with a purpose and finally start gelling again and upset the heavily favored Saints.

Bucs 24 Saints 17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home