2008 Bucs' Schedule: PNG

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Back And Ready To Post

Well, I'm back from my trip up north, so now I can start posting with regularity again. I've got a lot to say about the current situation with the Bucs, but I don't have a lot of time to get it in before this next game. This week I'll start hitting on some thing. If you're a Pewter Report subscriber, you can get a lot of what I'm feeling out of recent articles from Scott Reynolds and Jim Flynn. Pretty much sums up who I blame, and why, for the defense's problems. Until the Bucs address the Defensive line, and this includes NT and LDE, the defense will continue to struggle against the run and with forcing bad throws for picks. There's just no push from the guys up front.

I will say this, I expect more fiery play out of the DL this week with Gruden basically calling them out. If the Bucs get strong play up front, they can win games with the way the offense is coming around the last two games. I also see Phillips days numbered and Allen being looked at down the road. Right now Allen still seems like he has a shot to take his game to the next level, but Phillips looks to be heading out as the starter. Pearson is expected to get extended play this week, and the competition should help.

In any case, Gradkowski looks to be another one of those gem QB's found in the 6th round. We'll see if he can keep it going, especially once teams start getting a lot of film to look at. His grasp of the offense so far is impressive. I feel for Simms, but if if Bruce keeps showing stuff like last week, and improves at a solid rate, we may not see Simms start another game for the Bucs, and this is coming from someone who really likes his play and thinks he's going to be a damn good one in this league.

Well, time to put up the talking plank and get those standings updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home